Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

It's been a while

It's been almost a year since the last time I posted anything.  We have been really busy working, going to school and continuing to accomplish our goals.  Christmas snuck up on me so fast this year that it doesn't really feel like the holidays.  Granted working in retail kind of ruins every holiday but I try to make the best of it.  This will be our second christmas in our house.  

For fun we go to Wiseguys comedy club and we got to meet several great comedians the times we went.


 Tim and I with Jay Whittaker one of the comedians before Chris Kattan he was
super funny.
 Tim with Marc Maron
( Jordan, Tim's friend) Chris Kattan, Tim and Me.  Chris Kattan was pretty funny.
 He is a very small man haha.

We have both been working a lot and it has paid off. I got promoted at Dillard's
to the Origins counter manager.  Origins is a makeup line that is all natural and is made without harsh chemicals.   The concept of the brand is: powered by nature, proven by science.
I have really enjoyed using the products and learning about the plants that are used in them.


Me and Marylou, my friend form work. You can see some of my area behind us.

Tim worked at Tilly's for a short amount of time.  He was treated horrible and decided to look for another job.  He got hired on at E-bay which has been really great for him.  They will work with his school schedule and he gets more time off than me for the holidays haha.  The pay is higher and the insurance they offer is amazing.  

This semester I took two really fun classes Calligraphy and a Jewelry making class.  I didn't really like calligraphy because it hurts my hands but I can say my handwriting has definitely gotten better, if I really try.
This is an assignment with Flourished Italic lettering
   
 This one is with Gothic lettering

I also had a Jewelry class that I loved and found that I'm good at it and I really enjoy.  I just
wish I had the money to buy all the equipment.
I made this one for Tim The Batman logo

This one is a ring we carved the design we wanted out of wax and then shot the metal into the wax you have your design.  I used pink and black crushed stone on the right side.
 This one is probably my favorite piece.  We used tiny saw blades to cut the design out of metal and soldered two plates together to add depth.
This one was made out of silver wire.  I used a black stone for the eye.







1 comment:

Marsha said...

Awesome work, Vanella.